Azura family and friends, it is time to take action! As we head into National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness and Family Caregivers Month, the power of advocacy is imperative in continuing to secure more programs and policies to help those who are affected by this disease. There are currently 7 new bills that are aimed to help alleviate the effects of Alzheimer’s and other related dementias for Wisconsin families. Due to the EXCEPTIONAL advocacy efforts executed earlier this year, the Dementia Care Specialist program was able to be supported and secured.
Azura is proud to partake in a variety of Alzheimer’s and dementia advocacy events every year in honor of those we love and care for and wanted to help spread the word to local advocates to reach out to their legislators to help get these bills pushed through to passing and co-sponsorship. The Alzheimer’s Association provided this link to help you find out who your legislators are to contact!
1) Improving palliative care in Wisconsin, LRB 3748 Palliative Care Advisory Council
2) Ensuring the safety of those who have a Silver Alert issued, LRB 1243 The Silver Alert Fix
3) Financially easing the burden on the lives of those that leave the workforce to become caregivers, LRB 4231 The Caregiver Tax Credit
4) Creating new opportunities for professional development through dementia specialist certifications, , LRB 3913 Dementia Specialist Certifications
5) Easing the legal burden caregivers and family members face by improving uniform adult guardianship jurisdiction, LRB 3615 Uniform Adult Guardianship Certifications and
6) Increasing recognition through virtual dementia. LRB 3916 Virtual Dementia tour and
7) Awarding Alzheimer’s dementia awareness grants. LRB 4206 Alzheimer’s and Dementia Awareness Grant
*Information provided by Alzheimer’s Association*
"We want to thank you for the loving special care you took of our mother, Diane. It was truly mom's home and you all became part of our family. Everything was home for her....from the beautiful rooms, large sunny windows all around, good food made with love, fun and personal activities from people who really loved our mom. We would highly recommend your facility to anyone. The staff from the director, to the doctor, to the nurse, to the caregivers and the maintenance man were all extremely helpful, caring, loving and professional. There are not enough words to say how much we appreciate all of you. Your exceptional care, kindness, and love were beyond anything we could have imagined. You were part of our family, and we will miss you." - Gail Sommers and Deborah Guse