What is Kool-Dough you may ask? It’s no cook dough with Kool-Aid added for color and scent…and it really helps bring out the artistic side of our residents.
The residents of Azura Memory Care of Sheboygan began to make the Kool-Dough by adding the ingredients and stirring them together. After it cooled, they mixed and kneaded it with their hands. Then, each took their turn smelling the different batches.
Kool-Dough was a hit on so many levels!
Fine Motor (increase hand strength, dexterity and coordination)
• Squeezing it to make it softer or combine pieces into a larger ball.
• Pinching bits of dough and rolling small balls with the thumb and first two fingers.
• Forming it into a ball or sausage with two hands or with the flat of a hand on the table.
Language and Communication
• Identifying colors by name or by pointing.
• Answering questions about what they are doing.
• Forming it into letters.
• Taking turns using the different tools or deciding what to make.
• Reminiscing about baking, smells of the Kool-Aid, and playing with children.
Best of all, our residents had so much fun creating hot dogs, meatballs, bowls, and simply squishing it.
MOSAIC Moments galore!
"We want to thank you for the loving special care you took of our mother, Diane. It was truly mom's home and you all became part of our family. Everything was home for her....from the beautiful rooms, large sunny windows all around, good food made with love, fun and personal activities from people who really loved our mom. We would highly recommend your facility to anyone. The staff from the director, to the doctor, to the nurse, to the caregivers and the maintenance man were all extremely helpful, caring, loving and professional. There are not enough words to say how much we appreciate all of you. Your exceptional care, kindness, and love were beyond anything we could have imagined. You were part of our family, and we will miss you." - Gail Sommers and Deborah Guse